We believe privacy is important and respect yours. This policy explains our privacy practices, including how we handle the information we collect when you visit and use Creative Suburbs’s site, services and products. Please review carefully. If you have questions or feedback, send an email to email@example.com
- the types information we collect from you;
- how we use and store that information;
- under what circumstances we share that information; and what you can do to modify your profile so that you can manage your own privacy preferences within the Creative Suburbs Sites and Services.
Terms not otherwise defined in this Policy have the meaning given to them in our Terms of Service.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from users who are under the age of 13.
Information We Collect
We collect the following information about you and your use of the Creative Suburbs Sites and Services:
- your name and, email address;
- if and when you are online using our Sites from the Internet, your IP address, browser type, and related diagnostic and technical information,
- usage information for statistical purposes (like most websites on the Internet, when you use our Sites we automatically collect a range of information about the number of daily visitors, the specific resources they use and how long they remain engaged with specific tools and products we provide);
- if you are using location based services, your location may be shared with us as well as other Creative Suburbs users and any third-party partners in a way that is consistent with your privacy preferences as set out in your Creative Suburbs profile;
- if you broadcast information generated on our Sites to third-party sites such as Facebook or Twitter, we may collect information regarding your accounts on such third-party sites to facilitate your use these third-party sites with Creative Suburbs Sites;
- a list of your friends on the service (called “Creative Suburbans” and “followers”)
Data Use and Storage
We use your information to:
- help you connect with people in your local community;
- empower you to become more involved in your community;
- notify you of community updates, safety alerts, and related important news items;
- ensure that our Sites and Services evolve to suit your needs;
- research the effectiveness of the our Sites and Services; and
- develop new services for your community.
In terms of storing your information, we use reputable third-party hosting services that abide by industry-wide accepted best practices in relation to data security and integrity.
Data Sharing Practices and Principles
To work with our civic and commercial partners so that they can provide community updates, and other related services to you, we share:
- information about your location;
- information about your friends, social connections, and community activities;
- information in your user profile and
- other statistical information compiled based upon your use of successive versions of our Sites and Services.
In each of the above instances, we only share this information if your profile is configured to allow us to do so. However, we reserve the right to disclose non-private, aggregated and anonymous statistical information about you and other Creative Suburbs users.
We respect your profile preferences and take them very seriously. However, we cannot be responsible for how other entities handle your personal information. In that connection, please be aware that:
- third-party websites and services – such as Facebook and Twitter – may share your information more widely if you broadcast information generated on our Sites to them; and
- third-party developers may use our Application Programming Interface (“API”) to create new applications that are not subject to the strict privacy principles to which Creative Suburbs adheres.
We use analytics tools and other third party technologies, such as Google Analytics, to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use Creative Suburbs. These tools collect and analyze information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information.
The third party analytics companies who collect information on Creative Suburbs and other online products and/or services may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online or mobile products and services relating to your activities across their network of websites as well as online and/or mobile products and services. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies.
You may see what information Google Analytics collects and/or opt out of the Google Analytics cookie by visiting the Google Ads Settings Page.
We do not automatically share information about your location, your preferences, or your account generally with any third-parties (including law enforcement or other government agencies). However, where we receive a warrant requiring us to turn over account information to a duly appointed law enforcement official, government agency, or government institution, like all good corporate citizens we will comply with the warrant in a timely fashion.
By using our Site and Services, you consent to our collection of your information as set out in this Policy. If you have any questions about how this Policy works, or if you have suggestions on how we might improve it, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Modifications
From time to time, we may want to change our platform in a way that would alter the way we store, use or share your information. If we need to do that, we will send you an email that explains the changes and, whenever reasonably possible, we will provide a way for you to:
- provide feedback in relation to these changes through the Creative Suburbs website and/or mobile website.
In the event that Creative Suburbs. is acquired or sells some of its assets, customer information is usually a type of asset that is transferred to the purchasing party. If Creative Suburbs is acquired – or in the unlikely event that the company enters into bankruptcy – customer information would certainly be transferred to or acquired by a third party. Please be aware that such transfers do occur, and that any party acquiring Creative Suburbs may continue to use your information as set forth in this Policy.